Water on our Doorstep: The Park River Watershed: Past, Present and Future, takes place all day at March 22, 2011, at the Wilde Auditorium, University of Hartford.
The schedule is as follows:
9:30-10 a.m. Welcome
• Walter Harrison, President, University of Hartford
• Sherry Buckberrough, Organizer, Water on Our Doorstep
10:00-11:45 Park River Watershed History
• Imaging the Park Watershed—Hudson River School and Daniel Wadsworth, Nancy Noble, Adjunct Professor of Art History, University of Hartford and University of Massachusetts, Amherst
• A River Choked by Urbanization Andrew Walsh, Associate Director of the Leonard E. Greenberg Center for the Study of Religion in Public Life at Trinity College
• Legacy of the Clean Water Act, Roger Reynolds, Senior Staff Attorney, Connecticut Fund for the Environment
Moderator –Elizabeth Normen, Publisher, Connecticut Explored, formerly The Hog River Journal
11:45 a.m. -2 p.m. Lunch – student poster sessions and exhibition at Mortensen Library, Univ. of Hartford
• Public Education Projects – Visual Communication Design, Hartford Art School
• Water Quality Research – Trinity College; CCSU; and Univ of Hartford
2 p.m.-3:45 The Park River Watershed Now
• Neighborhood Stormwater – Dr. Joseph Bushey, P.E., Univ. of CT, Storrs
• North Park Watershed Current Conditions – Erik Mas, P.E., Fuss & O’Neill with project participant Dr. Gourley, Trinity College Environmental Science
• Art and Ecology in the Park River Watershed, Sherry Buckberrough and Mary Pelletier
Moderator: Katharine Owens, Assistant Professor of Politics and Government, Univ. of Hartford
4 p.m.-5:30 Future of the Watershed
• North Park Watershed Plan Implementation – MaryAnn Nusom Haverstock, Bureau of Water Protection and Land Reuse, CT DEP
• Park River within Hartford — Roger O’Brien, Director of Planning, City of Hartford
• MDC improvements to the North Park River— Robert Moore, P.E., Chief Administrative Officer, The Metropolitan District Moderator: Michael Crosbie – Chair, Architectural Engineering Technology Dept. Univ. of Hartford
7:30-9:00 Mary Miss – Eco-Artist – Wilde Auditorium
Space May Be Limited! Call or write Martha Whitehead (860-768-4742 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reservations for lunch at the University of Hartford’s 1877 Club can be made along with registration. Buffet for $10.50.
PLEASE TELL THEM YOU READ ABOUT IT IN CT ENVIRONMENTAL HEADLINES. THANKS!!