The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as a liaison to the EPA Long Island Sound Study (LISS).
- Work on a variety of science advisory and coordination activities with a special focus on the living marine resources for which the National Marine Fisheries Service is responsible.
- Provide scientific expertise and perspective to the LISS process, especially coordinating the research effort supported by the program.
- Translate research results into program actions.
- Assisting in the communication of scientific and management advances implemented by the LISS.
- Accomplish work group organization and reporting, research grant administration, and general science coordination and provide results to the LISS and NEFSC leadership.
This position will be co-located in the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), Aquaculture & Enhancement Division, located in Milford, CT, and the EPA Long Island Sound Office in Stamford, CT. It is a term appointment for two years, with possible extension for an additional two year. *Please note that the closing date to apply for the position is Friday, January 27.***
Please feel free to contact Mark A. Tedesco, Director, EPA Long Island Sound Office, Government Center, Suite 9-11, 888 Washington Blvd., Stamford, CT 06904-2152, Phone: 203-977-1541, if you have any questions.
Tell them you read about it in CT Environmental Headlines! Thanks!!