Letter: Building processing plant on Mt. Parnassus open space is inappropriate

Aug 6th, 2014 | By | Category: Land

The area around the Harris open space property on Mt. Parnassus has a long history of land preservation. As far back as 1933, Capt. George Comer did “give, grant, bargain, sell and confirm” the land bordering the Harris property to the state of Connecticut.

This land was given to the state of Connecticut for the purpose of “recreation and demonstration purposes.” A monument on the site, still in place today, honoring Capt. Comer was dedicated by Connecticut Gov. Wilbur Cross in 1937.

For more on this story, visit: Letter: Building processing plant on Mt. Parnassus open space is inappropriate.

Be Sociable, Share!
Tags: , ,

Leave a Comment