Federal and state taxpayers are putting up nearly $33 million for 48 new buses that will have features not found on the CT Transit fleet.
Posts Tagged ‘ busway ’
A busload of state officials toured the route Monday, stopping at several stations in Newington and West Hartford where they hope to encourage creation of nearby retail shops, apartment complexes and commercial office buildings. For more on this story, visit: Officials Promote Busway’s Economic Development Potential – Hartford Courant.
Governor Malloy’s prospects for a second term may be determined by how many more times before Nov. 4 that troublesome 118-year-old railroad drawbridge in Norwalk malfunctions and stops traffic on the busiest commuter rail line in the country, Metro-North. Accidents and other breakdowns on Metro-North in the last year have discredited state government more than
Taxpayers sought answers about whether they’d have to cover the cost of lighting a busway in New Britain. The lights were on Monday night at the busway station on Columbus Boulevard, however the station was not open for use. Neighbors wanted to know who was paying for it, but state officials said it was part
Several dozen commuters and others interested in the Hartford-to-New Britain route attended the second of three state Department of Transportation presentations, taking a look at maps and asking questions about Sunday service, bringing bicycles on the buses and other issues. For more on this story, visit: Commuters Weigh In On Busway « CBS Connecticut.
Connecticut has put together a $15 million pot of public and private money to spur new housing and commercial development along the CTfastrak busway and Springfield-New Haven commuter rail route, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy announced Wednesday. New residential and business development along the routes are key goals for Connecticut, which is pumping roughly $1 billion
A series of meetings are planned to update the public about Connecticut’s first bus rapid transit system scheduled to begin operations early next year. For more on this story, visit: Meetings planned to update public on Connecticut busway project | The New Haven Register .
The state is budgeting about $3 million, 80 percent of which comes from the federal government, for an 18- to 24-month marketing effort on radio, billboards, movie theater ads, and the Internet.
Connecticut transportation officials have told state legislators that a $567 million bus-only corridor between Hartford and New Britain is on budget and on time. For more on this story, visit: Conn. transit officials say $567 million bus-only corridor on budget, on time for 2015 open (2/19/14 12:57 pm).
Connecticut’s Department of Transportation is seeking a firm to provide a ticket vending machine system for CTfastrak, the planned bus-only corridor being built between Hartford and New Britain. For more on this story, visit: State seeking ticket vending operator for busway – WFSB 3 Connecticut.
There is a bus lane on Asylum Street in the Capital City that is expected to be part of the Connecticut Fasttrack Busway and that bustling street right in the heart of downtown Hartford.
I’ve seen the future — I hope. I’ve been on the busway. By Tom Condon …. At the invitation of some folks from the state Department of Transportation, I took a ride (in a sturdy SUV) along much of the Hartford — New Britain busway route. If you are new to the area, the busway,
Fairview Cemetery in New Britain has long been home to groundhogs, but now that the “CT Fastrak” busway is under construction in the graveyard, the project — run by the state — has agreed to reimburse the city government for a trap and release program. CT Fastrak is a $567 million plan to build a
With the busway scheduled to start operations in a year and a half, the state is giving the city $500,000 to plan downtown redevelopment to take advantage of economic growth possibilities.
Among the options under consideration for improving transportation in Central Connecticut is a second busway that would run between New Britain and Waterbury.
In an abrupt reversal, the city has dropped all opposition to closing Flower Street to accommodate the New-Britain-to-Hartford busway. Mayor Pedro Segarra’s decision came after weeks of behind-the-scenes negotiations between city officials and aides to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, who is committed to drive the busway to completion by early 2015. For more on this
The DOT has scheduled two meetings in early March to hear from commuters, shoppers, college students and other prospective riders about the sort of service they want. For more on this story, visit: State Seeks Ideas For Busway Service, Schedule – Courant.com.
It might not sway detractors, but at least the Connecticut “Fastrak” busway connecting Hartford and New Britain is on time and on budget so far.
When Amtrak trains started running the extended Downeaster route in Maine on Nov. 1, Connecticut transportation planners should have recognized the message, Michael Nicastro said. “This was the project we said they should have done instead of the busway for a lot less money, and nobody listened,” said Nicastro, president of the Bristol-based Central Connecticut
Despite heavy criticism, the controversial $567 million plan to build a 9.4-mile New Britain to Hartford busway project, CT Fastrak, is moving ahead at full speed. State officials promise the busway will transform the way thousands of Hartford-area residents and students commute to work and school, including Central Connecticut State University. However, the NBC Connecticut